Sunday, July 09, 2006

inequalities

I was doing the geog question about gender inequalities and found some readings about it.
Female infanticide is the intentional killing of baby girls due to the preferance for male babies and from the low value associated with the birth of females. The babies managed to survive the first stage of femicide, which is foeticide. The worst-case scenarios are those whom were fed dry, unhulled rice that punctured their windpipes, or were made to swallow poisonous powdered fertilizer. Others were smothered with a wet towel, strangled or allowed to starve to death. Mothers of these victimized female children feel that, "Instead of her suffering the way I do, I thought it was better to get rid of her." To many, it was a way of saving them from going through the harsh reality of being a female.


Sigh. All forms of inequalities occur at my home. @##$%^%$%#@&^!!! Just an hour ago, my mother reached home and scolded me for not washing some pots on the stove. She forgets I'm the only child who helps her around the house. The other siblings just don't even lift a finger and it's alright. INEQUALITY! And it doesn't matter whether I'm too tired to do housework or busy with schoolwork, I just get screamed at. The least I will get is some sarcastic remarks from her. Trust me, she is capable of doing that too.

K la, bye. I want to do geog homework.

No comments: