Thursday, August 30, 2007

day3

Was too tired to get on the comp last night to update. Went out with BF yest after work to have lunch at Mukmin! Sedapppp kan??? =D Den we rode to ECP to fool around, see aeroplanes, people sailing, etc. FUN!

Anyways, I performed my FIRST Naso-gastric (nose-to-stomach) tube feeding on a real patient yesterday. Greatest achievement so far! =D Lots and lots of parameters (temperature, blood pressure, respiration, pulse) taking and charting. But I gabra alot and I got scolded yesterday about an oxygen tank thingy. But it's not my fault. She wasn't clear on the instructions and I was doing her a favour. IDIOT! But it's ok.. Like Mdm Chye says "It's ok to be stupid, don't everytime so clever.." I think she meant it's better to know what you don't know than to not know what you don't know. =D

So far, the job has been very interesting and I get to learn lots of stuff from the enrolled nurses (EN) and the ITE students. But my heels hurt like mad after each day. I guess it takes some getting used to.

No comments: