Monday, August 04, 2008

LULIAN.

Who eats durian with rice drenched in coconut milk and sprinkled with sugar? My family does! It's weird stuff, I know! Really tastes so good and extra rich but not too often yeah? Ok, weird.

Did you guys see me on tv?? On SURIA actually. We (Sharan, Marie & I) rehearsed for so many days prior to the real shooting day and even on the day itself! The interview went well though! I took a few takes cause during the 1st take, I turned my head and pointed to the mannequin at the back and the cameraman, sounding kinda pissed off, said something like,"No need to turn around! It's already in the background!" The 2nd time, I errr-ahhh-errr too many times we had to re-shoot. And, I got it almost right.. the 3rd time.. and here it is!

So how? I looked DAMN JUBES RIGHT? (Sharan's favourite word; used to describe anything and everything)

What the whole newsy thing is about was to actually promote NYP's simulated-based learning (SBL) for us, student nurses. And we're the first school to be using the child and infant mannequins!

And these mannequins are waaay too cool, cause they can talk (voices coming from lectures or the technicians), cry WITH TEARS!, simulate drooling and have brain juices discharges oooozing out of their ears! They also have all the pulse points, which are pulsating VERY obviously. And and and! We could actually put our stethoscopes over its chest to hear lung sounds, breath sounds and even the heartbeat! what about bowel sounds? OF COURSE! That too! So if you wanna be working with these mannequins, pls do join us in Nursing!

Basically, what I said during the interview was about how these mannequins help me perform my skills more realistically just like how I'd do it on a real-life patient in the hospitals. If you paused (for whatever reasons, maybe to scrutinise my face or try to see what colour my braces are for this month) during my part, you can actually see that they had a typo with regard to the course im taking now! "Kejuruteraan" instead of "Kejururawatan"!!! ANGRY +++! (Engineering instead of Nursing) I think it's pretty obvious we are nurses.. Maybe they quickly run through my part and didnt notice the mistake.. Still!! NABS!

Wahh, such a long entry. I forgot to mention that the four of us bananas passed our BCLS practical and theory! And we are qualified life-savers, I think? Don't go collapsing on me just to test my skills k? CHEY, action!

Can i just end off by adding 2 more features of the mannequin? Okay, the pupils can react to light (constrict/dilate) and the tongue can swell up too!

Okay bye!

No comments: