Monday, September 03, 2007

day 5 & 6

It's been 6 days already and in another 9, I'm gg away from that ward. Today was ok! Time passed by so quickly today I didn't realise it was only a few hours away from end of shift. I watched the Yr3 do suctioning on a patient. Like insert a tube into the mouth to suck phlegm because the patient cannot cough it out. So the uncle didnt cooperate and they had to force it down his throat. During which he bit the tube, then they had to do it via his nostrils and he was struggling. So poor thing.

Then I remembered something a staff nurse said in the pantry. She didn't want tubes to be inserted into her or anything. Now that I've seen all these, I think I'll sign the 'Do Not Resuscitate'(DNR) form and ban the use of any kind of tubes on me. It's really an ugly sight. =\

Zar is confined for 2 weeks because they are rushingrushing for field camp, route march and POP! So I'm not gg to see him this weekend for shopppppppppppppppppping. Booohooo... =\ So I gotta rushrush with my attachment. Then, we'll both finish work the same time and can hang out for the whole of 1 week after that! =D But it's the fasting month already and can hardly do anything 'cept for watching movies and reading books and walk around and no lunch.

Tmr's aftnn shift again and so is Wed. I prefer morning shift, really. Although must wake up super early. There are more things to do and by 3 can go off already!

Aight, am sleepy now.. take care ya'll..

No comments: